Update #4 almost impossible to fix

Hey Guys,

it has been a while since my last update. It was a busy week an unfortunately not a good one for the proxy.

I managed to patch the certificate pinning out of the App to be able to read the SSL encrypted traffic and thought that from now on, it would be easy to get the proxy up and running again.

I was wrong. I was able to reverse engineer the new API but when it comes to play the actual stream I always got the already mentioned Forbidden response from the server. Until yesterday I was not sure what is the problem but then I discovered, that there is always a request on a port directly on the device.

Calling internal SSL Proxy

Calling internal SSL Proxy

What Vodafone is doing here is, they are proxying the stream through an internal SSL-Proxy. This is kind of a a VPN which secures the complete communication of the stream.

I am not able to see what happens inside of this secure connection.

There is a only slight chance that I am able to find some solutions in the source of the Android App, but it is very hard. Vodafone uses a SSL-Proxy package provided by Ineoquest and I am not able to disassemble this part of the code, because it is encrypted.

I am sorry but I think they found an very effective way from preventing us watching TV on other devices than the allowed ones.

Best regards,
André

Update #3 Progress on fixing the problem

This is just a very short Update to tell you that finally I found a solution to query the API of KabelDeutschland (Vodafone Kabel) again.

Postman Query Channel List

Postman Query Channel List

I found the reason why the API was not responding anymore.

There is still a problem getting the licensed channel-links. The request results in an error.

VLC error Channel Link

VLC error Channel Link

Hopefully I will find a solution for this soon.

Best regards,
André